Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

I Prefer Strong Willed

She isn't bad, just strong willed.

I feel like I have read a good number of parenting books lately, and what is confusing is they all tell you to do different things! I could be worrying too much about Maci's behavior: should I let her do that, should I spank, is time out really working, is she just testing me, or am I doing the best job? Or am I just being a good parent?


There is a fine line between me acting like a helicopter mom and not disciplining my child it seems. So, as much as I hate to admit it- we spank. And it really is the most effective. Now, pretty much all we have to do is threaten it and she straightens up. However, its a different story at school (daycare) and her grandparents house. I don't want to have the naughty kid in class ya know? But I cant spank her after school, 4 hours after something happened that day or at Nana's house. So lately I have been praying that the rules we set at our house will instill some values and respect for other authority figures in her life. I'll let you know how that goes.

She has her days when she can be a real stinker.......

Rawww

My comedian
                                                                                  

Text from my sister....




But sometimes I can't help but laugh! She is hilarious, spunky, and has such a personality! I am thankful for my little surprise, she saved my life in so many ways. She is the reason I am on the earth, to be her mother and I wouldn't have it any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment